|Lens type||Prime lens|
|Focal length||85 mm|
|Lens mount||Nikon F (FX)|
|Min focus||0.85 m (33.46″)|
|Weight||595 g (1.31 lb)|
|Length||84 mm (3.31″)|
The Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.4G Classic Portrait Lens is for FX-format D-SLR cameras, but when used with cameras with a DX size chip it has a 127.5mm equivalent focal length. This is the perfect focal length for distortion free portraits. Plus – the ultra fast f/1.4 wide-open aperture along with the rounded 9-blade diaphragm will create natural out-of-focus backgrounds that will isolate your main subject for an impressive professional look.
The M/A focus mode switch allows you to quickly change between manual and autofocus. Other features include the silent wave motor, internal focus, and super integrated coating for enhances light transmission.
- Ultra-fast Classic Portrait Lens
- High performance f/1.4 mid-range telephoto lens offers a bright viewfinder image along with beautiful background blur.
- Optimized for Edge to Edge Sharpness on both FX and DX-format D-SLRs
- DX-format D-SLR angle of view is equivalent to a focal length of 127.5mm.
- Nano Crystal Coat
- Further reduces ghosting and interior flare across a wide range of wavelengths for even greater image clarity.
- M/A Focus Mode Switch
- Enables quick changes between manual and autofocus operation.
- Internal Focus (IF)
- Provides fast and quiet autofocus while maintaining the working distance throughout the focus range. This also helps to maintain the positioning of a polarizer or lens hood.
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
- Enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus.
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
- Enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare.
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Renders a more natural appearance to out-of-focus image elements (bokeh)