- Reviews (0)
- EF Mount L-Series Lens
- Aperture Range: f/4.5-40
- Fluorite and Super UD Elements
- Two Mode Optical Image Stabilization
- Ultrasonic Focus Motor
- Manual Focus Override
- Adjustable Zoom Ring
- Detachable, Rotatable Tripod Collar
- Focusing Range Limiter
- 77mm Filter Thread Diameter
This EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Lens from Canon offers high resolution, superb contrast, neutral color balance, and Canon’s original built-in Optical Image Stabilization for compensation against blur caused by camera movement.
High zoom magnification is achieved by means of a 6-group configuration with 5 movable groups. Fluorite and Super UD glass reduce secondary spectrum for superb color rendition. Autofocus is fast and silent with Canon’s ring Ultrasonic Autofocus Motor (USM), and AF speed is further enhanced through an advanced, lightweight rear focusing design that incorporates a floating element for consistent image quality at all focusing distances from 5.9′ to infinity.
This dual-mode image stabilizer is suitable for panning shots as well as stationary subjects. With full-time manual focus, one-touch zooming with a wide grip, a focus range limiter and a special ring that permits adjustment of zooming tension, this is a lens that’s extremely easy to use, and ideal for a wide variety of applications including nature, wildlife, sports, and documentary photography.
A removable, rotatable tripod collar is included and the front filter thread diameter is 77mm.
- Floating internal lens element & rear-group focusing
- Fluorite & ultra-low dispersion lens elements
- Two-mode optical image stabilization provides shake compensation when shooting stationary subject and when panning to follow moving subjects.
- An ultrasonic autofocus motor provides fast, smooth and silent autofocus.
- A focus range limiter lets you set the range of focus distance which enables shorter focusing times. The two ranges are 5.9′ to infinity and 21.3′ to infinity.