- EF Mount Lens
- Aperture Range: f/1.8-22
- Ultrasonic Focus Motor
- Internal, Rear Focusing System
- Distance Scale
- Minimum Focus Distance: 2.8′
- 58mm Filter Thread Diameter
The Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Lens from Canon is a highly practical medium telephoto prime lens ideal for a range of applications including portraiture. Its fast f/1.8 maximum aperture is effective in low light and ideal for shallow depth of field focus control. An ultrasonic autofocus motor (USM) provides fast, smooth and quiet AF action and because the front lens group does not rotate during focusing, polarizing and special filter effects can be used effectively.
- Fast Maximum Aperture
- A bright f/1.8 maximum aperture makes this lens a good choice for low-light photography and provides shallow depth of field control, ideal for portraiture with pleasing background blur.
- Ultrasonic Autofocus Motor
- With an ultrasonic motor (USM), the autofocus action on this lens is fast, smooth and quiet.