Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II
Versatile, high-power 11x zoom with (VR II)
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
- Lens construction with 16 elements in 12 groups
- Minimum focus distance: 0.5m
- Vibration Reduction II (VR II) & Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
- Filter size: 72mm
- Weight: 565g (approx.)
The Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VRII Zoom Lens is a great one-lens solution for DX-format D-SLRs. Its wide angle to telephoto focal range gives photographers a versatile tool to get the shot without having to switch lenses. It is engineered with superior quality ED (Extra-low Dispersion) elements yielding sharpness and color correction without distortion, even at wide apertures. Additionally, this zoom is constructed with a 7-blade diaphragm which renders captured images with natural-looking out-of-focus elements.
VR (Vibration Reduction) II image stabilization lets the photographer hand-hold the camera and enable shooting up to 4 stops slower than with non-VR II lenses. Plus, VR II increases the range of usable shutter speeds and makes telephoto shooting much easier without a tripod. This high-grade, internal focusing (IF) lens incorporates Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor (SWM) to guarantee smooth, silent, accurate, and quick focusing. Autofocus (A) or manual (M) modes can easily be selected with a focus mode switch, and a manual override function allows the shooter to quickly change from auto to manual focusing.
- With 11x zoom versatility this one-lens solution covers a broad range of photographic opportunities. Picture angle is the equivalent of a 27-300mm lens in 35mm format.
- Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization, engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens, enables handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper images.
- Two Extra-low Dispersion (ED) elements offers superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at wide aperture settings.
- Three aspherical lens elements eliminate coma and other aberrations, even at wide apertures.
- A zoom lock switch secures lens barrel at its minimum length.
- Nikon’s Super Integrated Coating (SIC) enhances light transmission and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare.
- Built with Nikon’s exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM), the lens enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus.
- With a rounded 7-blade diaphragm more natural appearance of out-of-focus image elements are rendered.
- The 18-200mm focuses as close as 20 inches, extending versatility.
- The M/A (Manual/Autofocus) mode switch enables quick response to changing situations between manual and autofocus operation.
- The included flower-shaped lens hood HB-35 shades the objective from unwanted, image-degrading light.