Gitzo Series 3 6X Systematic Carbon Fiber Tripod (X-Long)
Model # GT3542XLS
- Reviews (0)
- Load Capacity: 55.1 lb
- Max Height: 78.9″
- Min Height: 4.2″
- Folded Length: 28.4″
- Leg Sections: 4
- Weight: 6.85 lb
- 6x Carbon Fiber
- Spiked Feet and Snow Shoe Feet Included
he Series 3 6X Systematic Carbon Fiber 4-Section X-Long Tripod from Gitzo is a great choice for those looking for a tripod that features rigid support, yet adaptable and flexible configurations. The Series 3 X-Long tripods are ideal for supporting larger video or DSLR cameras, and lenses.
The Series 3 tripod has a unique modular system that can be quickly transformed into different configurations, in as little as 15 seconds, and the same tripod can support both photographic and video equipment. Despite a negligible weight of only 6.85 lb, this tripod can be extended to 78.9″ high and handle a DSLR with up to a 400mm lens, or a medium-sized spotting scope for bird-watching–up to a 55 lb load capacity.
Series 3 tripods have an Anti Leg Rotation system (ALR), G-Lock, and brushed matte black finish for improved locking performance and minimized reflectivity. A wide selection of accessories allows you to keep growing your system according to your future needs, whether they are still life, macro, outdoor, sport or wildlife applications.
- Anti Leg Rotation
- This tripod can be opened in less than 15 seconds. Simply loosen all the twist locks on each leg at the same time, then pull the leg down and tighten the locks individually.
- For a strong, fast, and safer locking mechanism, G-Lock’s special design provides a ‘gravity lock’ effect: the higher the load applied vertically to the leg, the stronger the lock becomes.
- Removable rubber feet, spiked feet, and snow shoe feet are included for stability on a variety of surfaces.
- A built-in hook allows you to hang a stabilizing weight, like a full camera bag or a sand bag, from the bottom of the tripod head plate. This is helpful when using long, heavy lenses, on uneven ground or in windy conditions.