Canon EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens
•EF-S Mount Lens
•Aperture Range: f/3.5-36
•72mm Filter Thread Diameter
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
- EF-S Mount Lens
- 29-320mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/3.5-36
- UD and Aspherical Lens Elements
- Optical Image StabilizationZoom Ring Lock Lever
- Super Spectra Coatings
- Truly Circular Diaphragm
- Minimum Focal Distance: 1.5′
- 72mm Filter Thread Diameter
The EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens from Canon is a compact, lightweight and very versatile zoom lens that is specifically designed for the range of APS-C format EOS DSLR cameras with the EF-S lens mount. Combining powerful performance with high image quality, this lens offers the equivalent focal length range of 29-320mm in 35mm format. It is ideal as a general-purpose zoom lens, providing coverage from a wide angle to a telephoto perspective.
The EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS lens incorporates Canon’s 4-stop compensation Image Stabilizer technology. This allows the use of shutter speeds up to 4 times slower with no perceptible increase in image blur. Aspherical and UD lens elements minimize aberrations and contribute to overall image quality and fine delineation. A zoom lock lever holds the zoom in place at its widest point so that it does not extend while not in use. A wide rubberized zoom ring provides smooth and comfortable control over focal length adjustment.
Note! Compatible with cameras that have APS-C size sensors
- Image Stabilizer
- 4 stop Image Stabilizer (IS) extends low light options to previously unavailable levels. Photographers normally shooting handheld at 1/250 sec can switch on IS to obtain a similarly steady and blur-free result with a shutter speed of just 1/15 second. Image blur in low light and at long telephoto lengths is significantly reduced.
- Superior Image Quality
- Two UD (Ultra-low Dispersion) elements and several aspherical elements are used to suppress the effects of secondary chromatic aberrations, to obtain crisp, sharp, high-contrast images without fringing throughout the zoom range.
- Super Spectra Coatings
- Optimized Super Spectra lens coatings and lens element shaping, suppress flare and ghosting. Coatings also help achieve true color balance and increase contrast for vivid hi-fidelity images.
- Zoom Ring Lock Lever
- The zoom ring can be locked in place at its widest focal length in order to prevent the lens from physically extending while not in use.