Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
All-in-one zoom for superb super-telephoto shooting
- Reviews (0)
|Focal length||55-300mm (35mm format equivalent 82.5-450mm)|
|Lens construction||17 elements in 11 groups (with 2 ED glass elements and one HRI lens element)|
|Angle of view||28°50’-5°20’|
|Closest focus distance||1.4m/4.6ft.|
|Maximum reproduction ratio||0.28x|
|Diaphragm blades||9 (rounded)|
|Focusing||AF with built-in SWM and Manual focus|
|Focus modes||A and M|
|Diameter x length||Approx. 76.5 x 123mm|
|Weight||Approx. 530g / 18.7oz.|
The Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Zoom Lens is a compact 5.5x zoom lens for DX-format D-SLR cameras. It’s equivalent to 82.5-450mm in FX format. This lens is an excellent choice for travel, landscapes, portraits, and distant subjects. The lens focuses to 4.6′ at every focal length – this versatility ensures stunning close-up shots of subjects near and far.
The VR II image stabilization allows you to handhold the camera at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper still images and stable video capture. Other features include the silent wave motor for quiet accurate autofocusing, and a rounded 9-blade diaphragm that offers stunning out-of-focus highlights (bokeh). The lens elements have been treated with Nikon’s Super Integrated Coating – an optical lens coating process that maximizes light transmission while enhancing clarity and contrast. All of these world-class features add up to the AF-S 55-300 being an ideal lens for traveling or shooting close to home.
- 5.5x Telephoto Zoom Lens
- Ideal for capturing distant subjects at athletic events, family pictures, dramatic sunsets, travel and more. Angle of view equivalent to a focal length of 82.5 to 450mm in FX/35mm format D-SLR.
- Nikon VR II Image Stabilization
- Vibration Reduction, engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens, enables handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper still images and video capture.
- Tripod Detection Mode
- Reduces vibration that may occur due to shutter release when mounted on a tripod.
- HRI (High Refractive Index) Lens Element
- HRI lens element is essential to keeping the lens compact while offering high contrast even at maximum aperture.
- 2 Extra-low Dispersion (ED) Elements
- Effectively minimizes chromatic aberration, even at the widest aperture settings.
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
- Enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus.
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
- Enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduces flare.
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Renders more natural appearance of out-of-focus image areas.
- Focus to 4.6′ at Any Focal Length
- This extends the versatility of this lens