- Reviews (0)
|Nikon F (DX)
|F3.5 – F4.5
|F22.0 – F29.0
|0.24 m (9.45″)
|460 g (1.01 lb)
87 mm (3.43″)
The Nikon 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens is designed for the APS-C sized sensor found on many Nikon cameras, but this lens may be used on certain full-frame models utilizing a special function of the sensor. As it stands, this lens will project an angle of view that is the equivalent of a 15-36mm lens in the FX or full frame 24x36mm format.
The primary user of a lens such as the 10-24mm Zoom-Nikkor will be one who finds standard kit lenses not quite wide enough for their tastes when photographing landscapes or interior views. An added benefit of wide angle optics is their ability to focus extremely close for a unique perspective on macro objects as close as 9.6″ (24cm).
This ultra-wide angle lens incorporates some of the best of Nikon’s technical accomplishments in optical engineering. Each 10-24mm lens is comprised of two extra-low dispersion (ED) lenses with no fewer than three aspherical lens elements. Nikon coats their glass with their own Super Integrated Coating that makes light transmission more efficient.
Focusing is facilitated by a speedy yet muted, AF-S Silent Wave Motor augmented by internal focusing design that eliminates changes in barrel protrusion. Full time manual focusing override is available with a M/A focusing switch.
Note! DX lenses are NOT recommended for use with 35mm film or “full-frame” digital SLR cameras
- Two ED (Extra-low Dispersion) Glass Elements
- For superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration.
- Three Aspherical Lens Elements
- Aspherical lens elements virtually eliminate coma and other types of lens aberration, even when used at the widest aperture.
- Internal Focus (IF)
- Design allows faster, smoother autofocusing and eliminates changes in lens barrel length for consistent handling.
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
- Enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduces flare.