- FX (Full Frame) Coverage
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM) Focusing
- Nano-Crystal Coat Minimizes Flare
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
- Nine Blade Aperture Diaphragm
- Rear Focusing (RF) System
Nikon’s AF-S NIKKOR 35mm f/1.4G Wide-Angle Lens is a super-fast lens in a classic wide-angle focal length. Its f/1.4 aperture allows you to shoot with your camera handheld in low-light situations, perfect for weddings, reportage, and street photography. You’ll also be able to achieve a very narrow depth of field when shooting wide open, creating a dramatic separation between your subject and background.
The lens features a Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for quick, quiet, and accurate autofocus. Its Rear Focusing (RF) system ensures that the front element won’t rotate during focus, making it possible to use a circular polarizing filter with the lens. Two focus modes are available — M/A and M. M/A mode uses autofocus up until the point where you move the focus ring, allowing you to fine-tune focus manually. M mode is lets you manually focus the lens — perfect for the aspiring Cartier-Bresson.
The optical design of the lens is something to behold. It features 10 elements in 7 groups, with a single aspherical element that eliminates coma and other types of aberration — even when shooting wide open. A nine blade aperture smoothes the out of focus background of an image, delivering bokeh that is extremely pleasing to the eye and separating your subject from the background.
The lens features Nikon’s exclusive Nano-Crystal Coat, which minimizes flare — even in backlit situations. It is also coated with Nikon’s Super Integrated Coating (SIC), which further aids flare reduction and improves color consistency.
The lens can be used on Nikon FX and DX DSLRs. It is a “G” series, which means that there is no physical aperture ring — the aperture must be controlled by the camera. When used on a DX camera, the lens provides the equivalent field of view of a 52.5mm lens in the 35mm format, emulating a classic “nifty-fifty” normal lens.
- FX-Format, Ultra-Fast Classic Wide-Angle Lens
- Update of one of Nikon’s most respected NIKKOR lenses. It is suitable for landscapes, night scenes, interiors, weddings, photojournalism, and astrophotography.
- Optimized for Edge to Edge Sharpness on Both FX and DX-Format DSLRs
- When used on a DX-format DSLR, the angle of view is equivalent to a focal length of 52.5mm in FX/35mm format.
- Rear Focus (RF)
- Provides smooth and fast autofocus while eliminating front barrel rotation and lens length changes.
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
- Enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus.
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Renders a more natural appearance to out-of-focus image elements.
- Nano Crystal Coat
- Use of Nano Crystal Coat further reduces ghosting and interior flare across a wide range of wavelengths for even greater image clarity.
- Aspherical Lens Element
- Aspherical lens element virtually eliminates coma and other types of aberration, even when shooting at the widest available aperture.
- M/A Focus Mode Switch
- Enables quick changes between manual and autofocus operation now enhanced with a refined MF driving mechanism to reduces focus time lag and improve ease of use in M/A mode.
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
- Enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare.