Nikon AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED
AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED Telephoto Zoom Lens
- Reviews (0)
|Focal length||70 – 300 mm|
|Equiv. FOV||105 – 450 mm equiv. FOV on a DX format digital SLR|
|Maximum aperture||F4.5 (W) – F5.6 (T)|
|Minimum aperture||F32 (W) – F40 (T)|
|Lens construction||• 17 elements in 12 groups
• 2 ED glass elements
• 34°20’ – 8°10’
|Minimum focus range||1.5 m (4.9 ft) throughout the zoom range|
|Attachment size||67 mm|
|Dimensions||80 x 143.5 mm (3.1 x 5.6 in)|
|Weight||725 g (1.6 lb)|
|Included accessories||67 mm Snap-on front lens cap (LC-67), Rear lens cap, (LF-1), Bayonet hood (HB-36), Flexible lens pouch (CL-1022)|
The AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED Telephoto Zoom Lens from Nikon is a high-performance telephoto zoom lens that has been designed to meet the demands of both digital and 35mm format SLR users. It offers a 4.3x zoom with a range of 70-300mm (equivalent 105-450mm on a DX Nikon D-SLR) and features ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements that ensure superior optical performance.
This lens incorporates Nikon’s second-generation vibration reduction system (VR II) that allows flexible hand-held shooting by stabilizing the image to the equivalent extent of using a shutter speed that is four stops faster when compared with a conventional lens. The SWM (Silent Wave Motor) and IF (Internal Focusing) ensure fast and quiet focusing action, and the nine-blade rounded diaphragm makes out-of-focus elements blend smoothly to produce natural-looking, harmonious backgrounds.
- Silent Wave Motor
- SWM (Silent Wave Motor) enables quiet automatic focusing with quick and convenient switching between autofocus and manual operation.
- Internal Focusing
- IF (Internal Focusing) design for fixed lens length and non-rotating front element allows the use of circular polarizing filters and lens-mounted flash accessories.
- Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization
- Vibration Reduction, engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens, enables handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper still images and video capture.
- ED Glass
- Two ED glass elements minimize chromatic aberration across the entire zoom range while ensuring high resolution and contrast.
- Rounded Diaphragm
- 9-blade rounded diaphragm makes out-of-focus elements blend together smoothly for natural-looking backgrounds.