- Reviews (0)
- Combination Transmitter and Receiver
- Long Range of 1640′
- Frequency: 340-354 MHz (FCC/IC)
- 32 Channels and Quad-Zone Triggering
- Auto-Sensing and Auto-Relay
- Up to 14.5 fps Shooting
- Side-View Design and LCD Monitor
- Full Compatibility with Previous Models
- Runs on Two AA Batteries
The black PocketWizard Plus III Transceiver is a highly versatile and robust radio trigger that is compatible with all prior FCC-version PocketWizards, as well as most flash and camera systems. Featuring 32 channels to choose from, this transceiver is simple to use in even the busiest of situations. Wireless remote control is possible through the use of Quad-Zone Triggering, which allows you to manage up to 4 zones of remote PocketWizard-enabled cameras or flashes from one position. Without having to leave camera position, you can activate and deactivate groups of flashes quickly and easily. This transceiver also employ’s PocketWizard’s Auto-Sensing technology, which instantly allows your device to fluctuate from transmitter to receiver. This technology works directly in line with the Auto-Relay function for a completely remote workflow.
The efficiency of this transceiver is further extended by allowing up to 1640′ transmissions in normal mode, and nearly double with Long Range mode. High speed, continuous shooting is made possible with the High Speed Receive mode, permitting up to 14.5 fps firing at up to 1/250 sec. for focal plane shutter and 1/500 sec. for leaf shutters.
The design of the Plus III incorporates a side-view LCD screen and touch pad interface for switching between modes, zones, and settings. It connects to any camera featuring a hot shoe and is also compatible with a variety of cables for linking to lighting and other remote systems.
- 32 Channels
- Featuring 16 standard and 16 Quad-Zone Triggering channels, finding an open channel to use is simplified and efficient. Switching between channels is accomplished with one-touch operation.
- Quad-Zone Triggering
- You can program up to 4 working zones for remote control of flashes. This allows you the ability to wirelessly activate and deactivate your flashes, enabling you to remain in camera position without having to manually adjust lighting setups. This is ideal for using multiple lighting setups and managing remote cameras as needed.
- Auto-Sensing Transceiver
- When set in TxRx mode, the transceiver is able to instantly switch between transmitter and receiver modes for the greatest amount of flexibility. You can also manually override this and choose to have it act as a dedicated transmitter or receiver.
- Auto-Relay Mode
- When using 3 PocketWizard radios; you can remotely trigger a camera to fire and trigger a flash simultaneously. Utilizing the Auto-Sensing technology, the transceiver mounted to the camera can instantly receive a signal from an auxiliary transceiver, and then instantly convey the transmission to a remote flash. This provides a simplistic and highly efficient remote workflow.
- Long Range Capability
- When used in ideal conditions, this transceiver is capable of producing and receiving a signal up to 1640′ / 500m away. When conditions are not ideal for a long range transmission, Long Range mode can be used to nearly double the effective range of the signal. There is also Repeater mode, which will repeat the signal several times, increasing the possibility of a successful transmission at long range.
- High Speed Capability
- When in High Speed Receive mode, this transceiver is capable of triggering cameras or flashes up to 14.5 fps. Normal performance also permits triggering up to 12 fps. It is also capable of sync speeds up to 1/250 sec. for focal plane shutters and 1/500 sec. for leaf shutters.
- Simplified User Interface and Design
- Clearly displayed on a 1″ / 2.5cm backlit LCD, all of the channels, zones, and modes can be configured using a soft-touch keypad. The design of the transceiver also incorporates a side-view LCD for easier viewing and an internal antenna for a less obtrusive appearance.
- Wide Compatibility and Connectability
- The transceiver is easily attached to most cameras through the hot shoe, with no extraneous cables required. For attaching to remotes and lights, there is an all-in-one sync port for wide compatibility. Cables are included for attaching from miniphone to miniphone, miniphone to phono, and miniphone to PC sync for cameras without a hot shoe. It is also compatible with all PocketWizard transmitters and receivers (of the same frequency) as well as PocketWizard-enabled lighting and metering equipment. The Plus III is powered by 2 x AA batteries and can be kept up to date with firmware updates utilizing the USB port.